Friday, 31 August 2012

Picture of the Day: Self-Saving Breather

Check out the mask in your hotel room
I've just arrived in Beijing for a few days of R&R but I hear the
heavens may open up again and unleash heavy rains again tomorrow
afternoon so we'll have to see how good my timing is.

Needless to say it's good to be back after a two-year absence and for
the most part things are familiar.

However I was thrown for a loop when I got to my hotel room and opened
the closet door.

This is what I found – a "Fire fighting filter type self-saving breather".

The woman modeling the mask doesn't look particularly attractive with
her long hair sticking out the bottom like tentacles and wearing a
bright green sweater.

Nevertheless the following is how to use the mask, which is by the way
sealed at the top like a giant tennis ball canister where you have to
pull the tab to open it:

1. Take out the fire fighting filter type self-saving breather;
2. Tear at the packing bag of fire fighting filter type self-saving breather;
3. Wear helmet and pull contractive belt fast;
4. Choose way and flee for your life decidedly.

Yep that's what it says folks. Word for word. I hope I don't need to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment