Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Chao Keen on Movie Stardom

Chao is waiting to hear from movie producers on a film about Gigi
The other day I wrote about Cecil Chao Sze-tsung and his bid to pay HK$500 million to a suitor who would marry his lesbian daughter Gigi even though she is married to her partner Sean Eav.

And soon after his public plea hit the media, there was news that comedian Sacha Baron Cohen was interested in making a movie about it, tentatively called The Lesbian for Paramount Pictures through his Four By Two Films Company.

However, Chao has yet to hear from the producers.

"Why don't they contact me? I can give them some good information," the 76-year-old old a local newspaper. "I'd be pleased to help them, but make me a good person in the film. I will co-operate with them, anything they want," he said.

He even added he would welcome the crew to film at his 20,000-square-foot mansion Villa Cecil in Pok Fu Lam.

"They might as well do it in a nice way," Chao said. "It's going to be [humorous]... but in a good person, not a bad person."

Baron Cohen's publicist Matt Labov confirmed the plan to do the movie, but would not reveal much else or if they would be contacting Chao.

Chao said he had received some 20,000 applications interested in meeting Gigi.

"I looked up 100 of them and passed them to Gigi. I don't have the time to interview 20,000 of them," he said. "it's up to Gigi to sort it out. What's the point of me choosing anybody? It's a waste of my life if that's not Gigi's choice."

However his 33-year-old daughter has already made up her mind, having described Eav as "the wind in my sails" and that "you can call her my wife".

One wonders if Chao really gets the situation or he's just trying to get more publicity for himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment