Friday, 6 September 2013

Picture of the Day: Hanging Around

This bug was hanging outside my window... any ideas of who he is?

This morning I woke up glad to see no cloudy skies, but also there was something on my window.

I thought the bug was inside, as I usually leave my windows open and sometimes the odd insect flies in.

But this guy was hanging outside the window on the 49th floor.

Tapping on the glass didn't affect him at all and neither did he budge.

A quick look through Google images suggests it could be a citrus bug... can anyone else positively identify it?

I don't know how long he hung out for, but by the time I came back at dinner time he was gone...

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to tell from this angle -- but from the shape, I'm wondering if it's a stink bug?

    http://webs-of-significance.blogspot.hk/2011/07/food-and-s-e-x-in-bugland.html

    http://nopests.com/blog/crawling-insects/western-conifer-seed-bug-the-stink-bug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI YTSL -- It has a kind of triangular hump and green with black dots on the underside... His body was about two inches long.

      Delete
  2. agree , it is a stink bug.

    ReplyDelete