Sunday, 24 November 2013

Picture of the Day: Ominous Clouds?

After seeing this picture would you believe it would pour a few hours later?
This morning was yet another beautiful day, slightly warmer temperatures making it perfect T-shirt weather.

I had a late start to the day and eventually left the flat around 2pm for a swim and then had to rush to Quarry Bay for an appointment.

Short on time I took a taxi there and managed to catch this shot why passing by Tin Hau/Fortress Hill.

I left Quarry Bay around 5.30pm and wondered if I should go shopping for some home ware, but then decided to try to beat the rush home.

At Central I got on the 18P bus to Kennedy Town and soon after the bus left the bus stop the sky suddenly became dark and it started to rain! How could the weather turn so differently from the afternoon? I was so surprised to see it pouring, and many bus passengers like me were caught without umbrellas.

By the time I arrived back in Kennedy Town the rain still refused to go away and I used a bag I was carrying as my impromptu umbrella (not really). I was pretty soaked by the time I got home.

And soon after I came home? It stopped raining.

For the past week I didn't checked the weather forecast because it was pretty much the same everyday. But now I'll have to go back to diligently looking at the website and putting an umbrella in my bag...


2 comments:

  1. Experienced changeable weather and saw beautiful clouds and blue skies out in the Sai Kung Peninsula today as well. Fortunately, it didn't start raining until after I was having (early) dinner in Sai Kung town. The downpour was unseasonably heavy, I reckoned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YTSL -- I wondered if you were caught in the rain or not! But today we have clear skies again...

      Delete