Sunday, 1 December 2013

Ambling Up the Peak

Clear views of Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and beyond
Today the weather was chilly in the morning but warmed up towards lunchtime.

My cousins took me up a path from their place in Sai Ying Pun up to Bonham Road then to the intersection of Kotewall and Hatton roads where we began the incline up to the Peak.

My heart was already working hard just to get to that point -- and we had yet to reach the top! I soon realized this was the same path YTSL took me on back in June, but we went down it, and so it wasn't all that unfamiliar.

We soon came upon a group of people lined along the railing wearing army fatigues and steadying cameras with very long (and expensive) lenses. Just what they were waiting for we had no idea (they were still there when we came back down), but that's the first time I've seen many serious bird watchers flocked together. 

What are these avid bird watchers waiting for?
Our hike up was good -- I somehow managed to pick up the pace and caught my second wind -- or was it my cousin's piece of delicious cheesecake that was kicking in? Just under an hour later we arrived at Peak Galleria and we had lunch at Tsui Wah outside because we had a dog with us. We were lucky because there was a massive line waiting for tables inside.

Another two women later shared our table with us and they each had a dog. It's interesting how dog owners quickly strike up conversations just because they have a canine pet...

The view today was fantastic -- quite clear and a cloudless blue sky.

After we walked down I even walked all the way back home! What a workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment