Saturday, 12 April 2014

Murdoch Moving On

Murdoch is starting the new chapter in his life, and what about ex-wife Wendi?
Media baron Rupert Murdoch says that allegations his ex-wife Wendi Deng had an affair with former UK prime minister Tony Blair led to him divorcing her after 14 years of marriage.

The 83-year-old founder, chairman and CEO of News Corporation also confirmed the existence of a note in which Deng gushed about Blair that was published in Vanity Fair last month.

"I regret the whole Vanity Fair thing," he said in an interview with Fortune magazine. "I wish we just could have got a divorce quietly."

The damning note in a diary entry says in part: "Whatever why I'm so so missing Tony. Because he is so so charming and his clothes are so good. He has such good body. Also I love his power on stage... and what else what else and what else," in broken English.

Murdoch said the marriage fell apart after Vanity Fair reported rumours that Deng and Blair conducted their affair at Murdoch's Carmel, California ranch.

Well, you know, everybody was talking about these things and never telling me anything," he said. "I don't really want to go into this. But then I was told two pretty circumstantial things about the ranch.

"I was in Australia. When I got back, I naturally asked the staff, and it opened up. That's the story. And then, you know, a week later I filed [for divorce]. As soon as I could find a lawyer."

Did Murdoch really have to find a lawyer? Doesn't he have an army of them on hand to cater to all his needs?

In any event, there have been rumours of Deng having dalliances with other men, not just Blair. While she is attracted to power as evidenced by Murdoch and the former PM, she apparently also likes to play with younger men.

As for informing Deng about the divorce, the story goes the then couple hosted a party in their $44 million penthouse. During the festivities he allegedly whispered in Deng's ear that he was divorcing her. Sounds like it should be in a movie, right?

What Deng does next will be interesting now that her days of leveraging Murdoch's connections are over... She is the model many ambitious mainland Chinese women try to emulate in their quest for quick money and power that ends in a pretty decent payout, but in this case with a sordid reputation...


No comments:

Post a Comment