Friday, 13 May 2016

Picture of the Day: Tai Hang

Hanging out at Granville Island in Tai Hang, near Causeway Bay
This afternoon I had a chance to wander Tai Hang with my friend who has lived in the area for 13 years. She took me around the neighbourhood and kept repeating the word kai fong, which means community, where people in the area help each other out.

Because the neighbourhood is quite enclosed, and having lived there for so long, she waved to many people, chatted with them and introduced me to some who have lived there all their lives or have had businesses there for 58 years!

Down on School Street, I was surprised to see a shop called Granville Island, reminding me of Vancouver's Granville Island, a peninsula filled with shops, restaurants, markets and situated right by the water at False Creek.

But this Granville Island's just a small shop selling craft beers, baby back ribs and chicken wings.

Nevertheless it was fun to see a bit of Vancouver in Tai Hang!


No comments:

Post a Comment