Monday, 27 February 2017

Picture of the Day: Woo Kwok-hing

Woo Kwok-hing commuting like everyone else on the MTR
I forgot to post this picture last week.

Last Friday after I checked out the interactive art installation Super Pool, I took the MTR home, and who got on the same carriage? A guy who looked like Woo Kwok-hing, who is now officially the second person to run in the election for the next chief executive of Hong Kong.

Was it him? I wasn't sure, but it looked like him.

He got on the train, saw an empty seat and sat down. No one recognized him or even said hello. I was very surprised he had no assistant with him. He just sat down, saw that others were focused on their phones so he decided to do the same.

In the end he got off at Sai Ying Pun and just as low-key as he got on, he left the train without anyone noticing.

Cool? Or pathetic no one seemed to care?!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's cool! And yes, I rather have someone who knows how to take the MTR as a Chief Executive than one who doesn't...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI YTSL -- I just find it disappointing no one said hi to him! Or is it a sad indication that no one really cares about the CE election because they can't vote?!

      Delete
    2. Well... did you go say hi to him or share with him your two cents? I must admit that I normally don't go talk to famous people when they seem to be in "regular" situations as I figure they'd like some privacy then! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hello from Idaho found your blog though YTSL...the people face expression could be any place in world.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete