![]() |
| Some participants doing the full cobra pose here in an outdoor pool setting |
The classes aren't too difficult and you only do what you what your body can withstand. But my favourite part is the benefits afterwards; I feel relaxed and less stressed after stretching different muscles I didn't know I had.
![]() |
| It takes getting used to keeping your balance and doing poses |
The best way to be prepared for the class is to wear a swimsuit because you don't know if you're going fall in or not! Our instructor also encouraged us to get into the water as well... but I didn't bring my swimsuit and instead shorts and a T-shirt and tried my best not to fall in (I didn't).
Nevertheless, doing yoga poses floating in the water is an entirely new challenge, using your muscles more. On land the poses aren't difficult, but here the placement of the hands and feet have to be wider than usual to be able to keep your balance and do the poses.
![]() |
| Core muscles are used more in pool yoga |
Afterwards I could feel the muscles in my legs were a bit sore because you don't usually use them in this way. The instructor said we may feel sore in the morning, but I don't mind! It was a very interesting experience and afterwards I felt very relaxed having stretched out my stresses away.
I also felt very hungry afterwards...



No comments:
Post a Comment