![]() |
| Scrambled eggs in between thick slices of bread for breakfast at The Peninsula |
Ah breakfast. The essential meal to start of the day.
What better place to indulge in breakfast than the Lobby of the Peninsula Hong Kong.
A relative was staying at the Sheraton and I suggested we meet across the street at the iconic hotel with 90 years of history.
The breakfast menu has a lot of choice, but can be expensive, with a full breakfast costing over HK$300! You could also have congee with pork spare ribs and preserved vegetables, granola, instant noodles with meats -- a kind of glorified cha chaan teng dish.
French toast using brioche bread was on the menu -- I should try that next time!
In the end I settled for New Zealand scrambled eggs sandwich. It arrived, with the crusts cut -- please don't! -- and very yellow eggs in between the white bread that had butter slathered on them.
The egg sandwich also came with three slices of cucumber and two of tomato...
This was definitely an indulging egg sandwich -- how many eggs were used to make it?! Nevertheless the bread was soft and buttery, the eggs quite fluffy too. Needless to say with a cup of latte it was a nice breakfast to catch up and enjoy the moment.
However, when we walked outside, it was pouring rain! Luckily I had a small umbrella and escorted my relative across the street to her hotel and then went on my way.

No comments:
Post a Comment