Tuesday, 3 September 2019

Carrie Refutes Resignation


Today Carrie Lam denies that she even wanted to resign
This morning in her weekly briefing with the media, Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor categorically denied she or her staff had leaked the recording of her to Reuters. She was angry her remarks were recorded in a closed-door session when she thought Chatham House rules apply.

Who can resist not recording her speech when she says if given the choice she would resign?

However this morning she was defiant and said, "I have never tendered a resignation to the central people's government. I have not even contemplated to discuss a resignation with the central people's government," she said. "The choice of not resigning is my own choice."

Police brutality gets more violent as each week passes
While resigning would be an easier way out, Lam says she didn't choose that option, or rather she didn't give herself that option.

"But I told myself repeatedly in the last three months that I and my team should stay on to help Hong Kong in a very difficult situation, and to serve the people of Hong Kong," she said. "I have not given myself the choice to take an easier path and that is to leave. I'd rather stay on and walk this path together with my team and with the people of Hong Kong."

But Carrie, what makes you think people want you to walk on the same path as them?

As you said so yourself, you have created this "unforgivable havoc" on the city and yet you have done nothing to try and fix it. Instead whenever you speak, you further infuriate people to come out to protest.

Meanwhile you hide behind the police who are doing the dirty work for you, beating people up, arresting them for no specific charges and you quietly condone the police's violent actions towards protesters, from those as young as 12 years old to seniors.

The police are eroding rule of law in Hong Kong
So far to date, over 1,000 people have been arrested. The more people who are convicted and thrown into jail, the more they will become radicalized while serving prison sentences of up to 10 years for rioting.

Is this the mess the Hong Kong and Chinese governments want to deal with five to 10 years from now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment