![]() |
| Labour and welfare minister Law claims he hasn't work a mask for 22 days |
Chief Executive Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet-ngor continues to refuse to wear a mask in public events, and Law Chi-kwong, Secretary for Labour and Welfare has followed his boss, and even bragged about being mask-less.
![]() |
| Lam says her masks are going to healthcare workers -- really? |
"Most of my colleagues at the Labour and Welfare Bureau have been working from home these days. But they still have to come back for meetings when necessary. For me, apart from attending meetings, most of the time I was in my office alone," he wrote.
"I haven't been to any crowded places over the past 22 days. I have been driving to the government headquarters myself and have not used public transport. I haven't used a single face mask, and thus, I was in a way saving the masks for those who needed them."
We'll get to the question of having enough masks in the city, but what is Law trying to prove?
That he is a privileged person in Hong Kong who has his own car and office that he doesn't need to wear a mask? The vast majority of us need to take public transport and so we are all wearing masks as soon as we step out the door. Needless to say we are all fuming behind our masks.
![]() |
| A guy wears ski googles, mask and gloves |
Thankfully infectious diseases expert Dr Joseph Tsang Kay-yan helped us tell off Law and put on a mask regardless.
"Of course he doesn't have to wear a mask when he is driving. I am also sure that he has his own office. But he still needs to take the public lifts. Mainland expert Zhong Nanshan has said that the lifts are high-risk facilities. A lot of people use the lifts," Tsang said.
"I'd suggest that once [Law] is back at the government headquarters, he has to wear a mask."
Tsang explained everyone should wear a mask because some infected people may not have started showing symptoms and so they may not even know they are infected.
Meanwhile, these government officials including Lam keep saying their stash of masks should be given to front line healthcare workers but they don't seem to have received them, as they keep clamouring for more.
Where have the masks gone?
![]() |
| Most people wear masks in Hong Kong in public spaces |
Perhaps Lam should personally donate her stash of masks to a hospital. Or does she dare not show up in person?




No comments:
Post a Comment