![]() |
| Good taxi driver? Take down all his info first |
Yesterday afternoon I flagged down a taxi on Staunton Street near Tai Kwun in Central. At first the driver asked where I was going as he was a Kowloon taxi and needed to return the car, but agreed to take me in.
After a while I noticed in front of me was this sign: "Taxi Service Commendation Scheme", asking riders to scan the QR code and recommend your driver.
The nomination period already began on July 15 and goes on until September 30, and then the voting period is from October 22 to December 17.
When you scan the QR code, you have to enter the driver's name, mobile number, the taxi registration number and the license plate, when and where you got the ride from, and a section called "experience sharing" to add any other additional comments.
The form is exhausting to say the least, and what's the point?
Most people are not going to pay attention to fill out all these details and even the driver's mobile number? Obviously the people creating the form have not thought of the reality of having to fill it out.
And when do you fill it out? When a driver returns your smartphone to you or gets you across the harbour in 10 minutes?
We understand the taxi industry is trying hard to improve its services in its competition with car hailing apps like Uber, but this "Taxi Service Commendation Scheme" is not going to make drivers stop smoking in their vehicles, clean them better or have a sunnier attitude.
Though I have to say this driver had an Octopus reader and just as we were nearing my destination I asked if I could pay my ride with Octopus.
"You should have told me earlier," the driver replied with a surly attitude, turning it on.
He saved me the time and effort from having to fill out the form...

No comments:
Post a Comment