![]() |
| The moon last night near the Wan Chai Ferry |
The weather is finally starting to cool down, though it's becoming more like Singapore's in that there are intermittent showers for 20 minutes and then it's sunny again.
Mid-Autumn was a protracted one this year -- I started receiving mooncakes back in July as hospitality businesses hoped to make up for some losses by selling earlier. Some restaurants and hotels reported very good sales this year, even though a few raised prices, or customers wanted the most expensive hamper sets to give away as corporate gifts.
This picture on the Wan Chai harbourfront near the ferry pier was taken last night and I saw the moon tonight and it was a bit rounder and brighter (I was out for dinner so I didn't have a chance to admire the moon until afterwards).
In general everyone seems to be happier to celebrate the festival with loved ones, as last year the pandemic restricted numbers in restaurants, or people were not in the mood to go out.
Here's hoping Hong Kong can ride this pandemic out a bit longer, but also keeping in mind borders need to be lifted in order for the economy to get better. There is only so much companies can do to rely on local consumption.
中秋节快乐!
Happy Mid Autumn!

No comments:
Post a Comment