![]() |
| Lee emailed Gui's daughter to tell her what may have happened to him |
Subject: Michael is missing
Hi Angela,
I am Paul Lee [Po], Michael's business partner, who had lunch with you and Michael last year in Hong Kong.
I write to you concerning the whereabouts of Michael. I wonder if you have known that he has been missing for more than 20 days, we fear that he was taken by special agents from China for political reasons.
We last talked to Michael by email on 15 October, and after that day, nobody could contact him. He was then staying in his apartment in Thailand. According to [Gui's wife]'s words told by the watchman of the building, he left the apartment with several men who claimed to be his friends.
Since we feel [Gui's wife] is hesitating and is not doing anything at the moment, and it's very little we can do to help him because we are not his next of kin. I then think of you, perhaps you can do something, and there are a lot of Michael's friends [who] are ready to help if you need them.
Do tell me what you think and what you want us to do.
Best,
Paul Lee
Hi Angela,
I am Paul Lee [Po], Michael's business partner, who had lunch with you and Michael last year in Hong Kong.
![]() |
| In the email Lee sounded concerned for Gui Minhai's fate |
We last talked to Michael by email on 15 October, and after that day, nobody could contact him. He was then staying in his apartment in Thailand. According to [Gui's wife]'s words told by the watchman of the building, he left the apartment with several men who claimed to be his friends.
Since we feel [Gui's wife] is hesitating and is not doing anything at the moment, and it's very little we can do to help him because we are not his next of kin. I then think of you, perhaps you can do something, and there are a lot of Michael's friends [who] are ready to help if you need them.
Do tell me what you think and what you want us to do.
Best,
Paul Lee


No comments:
Post a Comment