![]() |
| Champagne at The Wing Business Lounge |
My friend and I are in Beijing for a few days, but he would say that part of the trip is the journey.
He's a frequent flier on Cathay Pacific which gives him access to the lounges in Hong Kong International Airport so he took me along to check them out.
![]() |
| Slow-cooked Atlantic salmon with sun-dried tomatoes |
First on the agenda was checking out the dining room and we had some lunch. The menu has a mix of East and West and the portions are smaller than one would expect, but this is a good thing -- it helps cut down on food waste and also encourages guests to try more dishes.
I tried the Chinese broth of pork, abalone (a small tender one), with cut up bamboo piths, but it's a pity it was just warm, while the wonton noodles were nice and hot.
Another dish I sampled was the slow-cooked Atlantic salmon was very good, the sun-dried cherry tomatoes even better.
All the lounges have similar desserts, like macarons, cookies, chocolate raspberry tart, cheesecake, three cheeses, fresh fruit, and bottles of water, beer, and champagne.
![]() |
| Char siu with a dark soy sauce and cucumbers |
Also because Cathay Pacific is partners with Qantas, we also got access to their lounge. We got to try one of their signature dishes, char siu rice. It had a different twist, with a dark soy sauce (a bit too much), accompanied with lightly pickled cucumber with coriander, and a small dish of pickled vegetables. The plate had a small serving of rice, again so that food isn't wasted.
We were so full from eating that we didn't need to eat the plane food! Now that's a good benefit to have.
How many miles do I need to fly before I can get lounge access?!



No comments:
Post a Comment