![]() |
| A beautiful rainbow at sunset in Kennedy Town today |
It's been a crazy week. Four lawmakers disqualified after the National People's Congress Standing Committee claimed they did not uphold the Basic Law and pledge allegiance to the Hong Kong SAR. The following day 15 of their colleagues resign en masse, leaving two independents as the only opposition.
The Hong Kong Bar Association and Law Society both question the legality of the NPCSC's decision and are asking for clarification.
And then a freelance reporter with RTHK appeared in court to face charges of false declaration when she conducted registration searches on vehicles that were in videos related to the July 21 attack in Yuen Long last year. Bao Choy Yuk-ling was granted bail, and her case will be heard in court January 14.
As if that wasn't enough, the number of coronavirus cases keeps rising, though the majority are imported. But the government insists it needs to prevent a fourth wave from happening so now it will force "high risk groups" to do mandatory testing, restaurants are back to four to a table, bars and pubs to two, and these establishments must close by midnight.
Today I decided to nip downstairs to take a quick look at the sunset (now at 5.40pm), and after I took some pictures I turned around to see people taking pictures of the sky. I looked up and saw a brilliant rainbow! What a surprise and a happy one.
I don't know how that rainbow appeared as there was no precipitation today that I know of. But I'll take it as a sign that things could get better soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment