Friday, 24 May 2019

Picture of the Day: New (Short) Promenade

Cute knit bombing in Western District! Need to go see it during the day
The Hong Kong government claims it wants to make the city more livable by creating more public spaces for people. It is creating promenades along Victoria Harbour so that people can walk, run and play the length of Hong Kong island's north side.

New boardwalk that I stumbled upon near my neighbourhood
After work I went out for a walk in the neighbourhood in Western District and near the main bus depot, I found there was a newly-developed boardwalk. I immediately went to check it out and was amazed to see some yarn bombing -- a knitter or knitters who had created beautiful displays of crochet or knitted yarn on some of the railings and even sitting above low lamps!

The ones on the railings feature creatures sitting in pairs with arms across the others' shoulder. So cute. I was hoping to walk further, but the boardwalk came to an abrupt end after about 200 metres! There was no way of getting past the barrier to get into the well-known "Instagram pier" and continue my walk.

More adorable creatures enjoying the view
So what was the point of these 200 metres then? It just seems ridiculous to not have them all connected. I will have to find a relatively new promenade that has opened east of "Instagram pier" and check it out... But in the meantime will have to check out these yarn bombing creatures again during daylight hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment