![]() |
| Chilly but clear blue skies looking down on Hong Kong |
A friend I met who I bump into at the swimming pool often (but now is closed because of the latest government restrictions), asked me if I hiked much. I admitted not, but would I be interested in joining her on Friday morning?
At 8.30am?!
![]() |
| Waterfalls and lots of greenery everywhere |
However, my friend took me another way which is much longer in terms of distance and time, and not steep all the way. The path practically had no one on it though we passed some dog walkers -- and friendly dogs! -- and some trail runners getting a good workout.
The path took us through lots of forested area which was wonderful, immersing ourselves in nature and inhaling fresh oxygen. We kept walking all the way to the southside above Pokfulam and Queen Mary Hospital before we went up a wide asphalt road that seemed to wind along forever upwards with no end. And then before we knew it, over two and a half hours later, we were at the Peak Tower via the Pokfulam Reservoir Road.
A quick loo break and we walked down via the Morning Trail. Since we went up early, we saw many huffing and puffing their way up the path as we zoomed down back to Kotewall Road and then back to Sai Ying Pun.
![]() |
| View of Queen Mary Hospital (left) and south HK |
Another friend wants to go up the Peak tomorrow too...!



No comments:
Post a Comment