![]() |
| Behold! The Chinese martini is gaining popularity in Vancouver |
I had never heard of it before but it's what people in the restaurant industry call hot water with lemon -- a drink that Chinese people typically order, and ironically isn't alcoholic.
Servers find it annoying to have a table with a number of Chinese martinis, because they don't make any money out of it and it's just as much work.
But Chinese people like to drink hot water because in Chinese medicine it's better for blood circulation and digestion, and keeps internal organs hydrated. When you drink cold water, your body wastes energy heating up the water below the body's temperature of 37 degrees Celsius.
I noticed visiting Vancouver this time around, servers at restaurants would ask if I wanted hot or cold water... and if hot, did I want a lemon in it too?
The Chinese martini is catching on here...

No comments:
Post a Comment