Saturday, 19 January 2019

Picture of the Day: New Invaders

Two space invaders were freshly installed in Central
French urban artist Invader seems to have a soft spot for Hong Kong.

He is best known for his pixellated mosaics of the 1970s-1980s game Space Invaders and many of them can be found around town in the oddest places, such as high up on the side of a building. It's a wonder how he manages to install them without anyone knowing.

They are right next to the street sign for Battery Path
In any event this afternoon I happened to walk up Battery Path in Central, a pedestrian road I walk along often and I spotted another new Invader mosaic. It looks like two space invaders with yellow hats? Or yellow umbrellas... you be the judge of that.

The mosaic is located near where the Court of Final Appeal used to be located... if that gives it more context...

No comments:

Post a Comment