![]() |
| Li Ka-shing may wonder if his valuations are too high or buyers are too cheap |
But in the end only two companies made non-legally binding bids which were far below what Li and parent company Hutchison Whampoa, that includes AS Watson retailing.
While ParknShop looks like a nice supermarket, the fresh produce is shockingly bad. There were rumours that ParknShop didn't handle its produce well and housewives would complain that fruits and vegetables were regularly off because they weren't refrigerated in cold temperatures.
I myself have experienced two incidents where the eggs were off -- and one of the eggs contained a black yolk. Needless to say it stank badly and since then I have refused to buy eggs at ParknShop again. I have pretty much stopped buying fresh produce there.
I myself have experienced two incidents where the eggs were off -- and one of the eggs contained a black yolk. Needless to say it stank badly and since then I have refused to buy eggs at ParknShop again. I have pretty much stopped buying fresh produce there.
The fruits and vegetables seem to be in a sad state there and so I resort to either shopping in the wet markets during the weekends or at competitor Wellcome, which has cornered 70 percent of Hong Kong's grocery market.
Seems like more of Li's sheen is rubbing off and fewer people are pleased with his business schemes to squeeze even more profits out of ordinary folk.
The man is 85 years old and according to Forbes, as of March Li is worth $31 billion. How much more money can he need?

No comments:
Post a Comment