 |
| Joshua Wong and Alex Chow lead a small march through Central today |
I took some friends from out of town to a foot massage place in Central and as I came out and walked along Queen's Road Central there was a protest march across the street.
Student leaders Joshua Wong Chi-fung and Alex Chow Yong-kang lead the march holding a sign that said they demanded dialogue with China's leaders.
There was some spurts of yellow and people periodically shouting slogans, "I want true democracy", "Hong Kong people want to govern Hong Kong". A few of the marchers carried yellow umbrellas, the real ones or one made of balloons.
At first it looked like a lot of people, but after walking towards the end of the procession I could see it wasn't a very large turnout, over 1,000 at best. The relatively small march was organized by the Civil Human Rights' Front.
Does this mean the Umbrella Movement is wavering? Or poor organization on the part of the Front?
Tung Chee-Hwa is a COWARD, period.
ReplyDeleteThere are developments of Internet Article 23 (aka Internet Subverison Law) being written and submitted to LegCo within weeks (if not days) which means anyone written anything "subversive" are subject to prison and arrest...
I advise those who are in the media (esp. editors) to do what they can and stop the self-censorship of HK.